The Business of Travel Convention - December 2019
Join us on 4th December 2019 for a unique insight into the business and marketing of Disneyland® Paris
For 24 years we’ve been running the original student convention at Disneyland® Paris. Students from secondary schools, FE and HE colleges from all over the UK converge on at the park to gain a unique insight into how Disneyland® Paris is promoted and continues to wow guests year after year.
Business leaders from the Digital marketing, PR and Brand Marketing teams of Disneyland® Paris, present live and in person, with the opportunity for students to ask questions and discuss specific subjects . Students get an exclusive insight into how Disneyland® Paris is continues to grow and develop, helping them consider potential career options within the fields of business management, Marketing and Tourism, as they apply the theory they learn in class into a real-world context.
|1||Depart the UK early & travel to Paris. Many transport options availble, from flights, ferry, Eurostar & Eurotunnel - just ask us!||Arrive into Paris & check in to your accommodation situated on site in Disneyland® Paris. Exclusive evening welcome meal in Planet Hollywood for all.|
|2||Enjoy a full day in the two Parks. Remember, your Hopper Ticket lets you explore both Disneyland® Park & Walt Disney® Studios Park||This evening, you'll get the chance to see Buffalo Bills Wild West Show...with Mickey and Friends!|
|3||Attend The Business of Travel Convention and hear from our Disney experts about Digital Marketing, PR and Brand Marketing.||Gain access to gain a deeper understanding of our speakers areas of expertise. There will then be time to head into the parks late afternoon||Evening excursion into Paris with a Bateaux Mouche Seine river cruise of the city - for a unique perspective of all the great sights!|
|4||After breakfast check out of your accommodation||Take some time out at Val d’Europe Shopping Centre before embarking on your trip home||Arrive home|
Available package inclusions - request your tailormade quote.
- Depending on your requirements, transportation via Coach/Air/Eurostar to Disneyland® Paris
- 2 nights stay in Bed and Breakfast at Disney's Hotel Cheyenne onsite at Disneyland® Paris (3 night stays are available)
- 2 Day 2 Park Hopper Ticket - you can access Disneyland® Park and Walt Disney® Studios Park
- Evening excursion into Paris with a Bateaux Mouche Seine river cruise (For those travelling by coach)
- Entrance into Buffalo Bills Wild West Show....with Mickey and Friends!
- Fully comprehensive Travel Insurance
- 24/7 Emergency Support
What's the Convention about?
- We can exclusively offer you the opportunity to attend the longest running educational convention in Disneyland® Paris
- This Convention has been running since 1995 and now 1,400 students attend the Disneyland® Paris Convention annually to hear from four senior Disney speakers as they deliver presentations to students in an informative, fun and interactive way
- The presentations are curriculum led & cover many elements of the syllabus
- For 2019 students will have even more time to learn from the speakers and ask questions.
The 2019 Convention Speakers
This year we will be joined by the following Disneyland® Paris speakers*:
Lucy joined Disney in 2013 and manages the Travel Industry Marketing Team for Disneyland® Paris, Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Lucy’s role involves managing partner marketing and ensuring that the Disney brand is represented correctly in all marketing communications, she is also responsible for training travel agents on all Disney products. Lucy’s remit also involves managing the intern recruitment for Parks and Resorts.
Tom took up his first position in Disney in 2011 when working on web development. He now holds the position of Digital Commerce & Production Manager where he’s responsible for growing business across desktop, mobile and eCommerce platforms. Tom’s presentation elaborates on how Disney does business online.
Dave’s first position with Disney was as publicity manager in 2009 and he’s now head of Publicity across the EMEA markets for Disney’s global destinations. Working with household names like the X Factor and Pride of Britain, Dave’s team is responsible for all PR and corporate communications for Walt Disney World & Cruise Line, as well PR for the UK and Ireland. Students will learn more about what goes into PR campaigns and the strategies that lie behind them.
New for 2019! We will be joined by a 4th member of The Walt Disney Company team who works with the Disneyland Paris team in London. They will share their experiences, career journey and aspirations as well as being available to talk to students looking for a career with Disney.
* Whilst we do our utmost to ensure these speakers will be available on the day there may be a slight chance that we have to change speakers due to business commitments. We always ensure that speakers are informative and insightful.
Topics from GCSE, A Level & BTEC curriculum are covered in the speakers’ presentations.
Business Studies and Information & Creative Technology
- Managing a business
- Globalisation in International Business
- Understanding the nature and purpose of business
- Business Concepts, Objectives and strategic decisions
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Information & Creative Technology
- Exploring marketing in Travel and Tourism
- Marketing mix and strategy
- Marketing, people and global businesses in Business Studies
- Making marketing decisions
- Impact of technology on the marketing mix: e-commerce, digital communication
Press, Public Relations & Media
- Public Relations & Promotions in Travel & Tourism
- Website Development
- Creating Media
- Media Production Briefs
- Media Research and techniques
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Understanding customer service in Travel and Tourism
- Developing customer service in Travel and Tourism
- The Travel and Tourism Customer Experience
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- Resort Management
- Visitor Attraction Management